I’m doing a two-hour, hands-on session on iWork’s Pages application at Macworld Expo on February 9:
Building Better Documents with Pages
Pages, part of AppleÃs iWork suite, makes it easy to create great-looking documents, whether for print or electronic distribution. Because Pages is both a word processor and a page layout program, thereÃs a lot of hidden power and flexibility in the program. In this hands-on, beyond-the-basics lab session, youÃll learn how to create Pages documents that get your message across with clarity, strength, and excitement. By harnessing the power of Pages, along with practical layout and design tips, youÃll leave the session knowing how to build better documents with less effort.
In this session, youÃll learn:
- The best tool you can use to begin creating your documents
- Advanced text handling tips to add professional flair to your pages
- The ins and outs of creating and using paragraph and character styles to speed your document creation
- The best ways to structure and manage longer documents
- How to use PagesÃ graphics tools to prepare stunning images
- How to adapt PagesÃ page layout templates to fit your needs
- How to find and use third-party templates to save time and break your documents out of the pack
- All about using Numbers data in Pages to add terrific charts, do mail merges, and more
The Macworld Expo folks have set up a special promotional rate for this session; it’s only $199 if you sign up by January 10. If you want to learn more about Pages, I hope to see you there!